What does home mean to you?
National writing contest for grades 4, 5, and 6 students.
WHAT IT IS: The ‘Meaning of Home’ is a national contest where kids in grades 4, 5, and 6 can submit an essay or poem about what HOME means to them.
THE IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNITY GIVING: For every entry, Genworth Canada will donate $10 to help a family build their home and achieve strength, stability and self-reliance. In addition to teaching kids about philanthropy and the importance of giving back to your community there are prizes to be won!!!
- Grand Prize Winner (three total, one per grade) – $25,000
- Each grade winner of the Meaning of Home contest will receive a $25,000 grant to direct to a local Habitat build of their choice.
- The contest grand prize winners will also receive an iPad and a pizza party for their class.
- 3 Runner-up Prizes (nine total, three per grade) – $5,000 grant each
- Three contest runners-up per grade will receive a $5,000 grant towards a Habitat build project of their choice, an electronic tablet and pizza party for their class.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED: Teachers can sign-up as a class OR students can do it on on their own – its easy!
– Visit www.meaningofhome.ca
– Find resource materials under the section that best applies to you: Students, Parents or Teachers
– Entries can be submitted using the online submission form or by downloading and sending the mail-in form.