Habitat For Humanity is a non-profit organization whose mission is to build affordable housing and promote homeownership as a means of breaking the cycle of poverty. Though we do receive in-kind donations, such as building materials from community sponsors, in order to achieve our objective Habitat For Humanity also requires financial support to cover the many additional expenses involved in housing projects.
This fall Habitat for Humanity Moncton area is excited to announce their 2017 fundraiser: Chairs for Charity. Habitat Moncton will be working with local designers to refinish 10 one-of-a-kind vintage chairs. Each chair will be sold at auction later in the season with 100% of the proceeds going directly to our housing program. Habitat Moncton will follow the progress of each chair as designer give new life to each piece. Following the completion of each chair, Habitat Moncton will have the chairs on display to the public at the Habitat For Humanity ReStore – Moncton.
We are very excited to see what designers will have for us. Please stay tuned for more details in the weeks ahead!
After much anticipation Habitat for Humanity Moncton is excited to announce the line-up of local designers who will be transforming old vintage ReStore chairs into works of art for our 2017 Chairs for Charity fundraising event.
Designers have been given 6 weeks to complete their projects and will be on display at the ReStore, 950 Mountain Rd, Moncton, November 13. Chairs will be sold through online auction starting November 16!
We have moved the “Guidelines For Designers” here: Guidlines For Designers
For easy reference, here is the timeline for projects.
- September 30:
- Deadline for designer applications (see above)
- Deadline for chair selection
- October 9:
- Public announcement of Chairs for Charity Designers
- November 12:
- Project completion date
- November 13:
- Chairs will be on display at the Habitat For Humanity Moncton – ReStore
- November 16:
- Auction: Online bidding opens
As always, if you have additional questions or would like to speak with us directly about Chairs for Charity please contact:
Joni Fleck Andrews
Community Development Manager – Habitat For Humanity Moncton
Designers must complete their projects by November 12, 2017. Following the completion of these projects Habitat Moncton will open bidding to members of the public through our Chairs for Charity Facebook event.
Chairs for Charity Online Auction
Bidding: November 16 – November 25, 2017
Facebook Event: Chairs for Charity Online Auction
- Opening Bid: $50 minimum
- Subsequent incrimental bids: $5 minimum
- Absentee bidding: Not a Facebook user or plan to be away? You can instruct Habitat Moncton to bid on yourbehalf. Please contact us to coordinate absentee bidding
- Winners of the online auction must pay for item upon pick-up.
- Pick-up deadline: Please pick-up your item by December 2, 2017 at 5PM or contact us ASAP to arrange alternative pick-up date.
- Payment: Payment must be made upon or prior to pick-up. Payment can be made by cash, debit, and credit.